Use this list of affirmations for anxiety anytime you need to calm your mind!
I have a confession to make…I struggle with anxiety. It started after the birth of my youngest son and it had a gripping effect on me for a couple years before I finally got help.
And statistics show that I’m not alone…
According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America:
Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older, or 18.1% of the population every year.
Moms with anxiety are probably a big portion of those numbers. And that’s with no surprise…we have to worry about our kids, spouse, and family while also taking care of everyone and 1,001 other responsibilities.
Positive affirmations are one way I have chose to battle my anxiety.
What are affirmations for anxiety?
These are short, simple sentences that can be repeated as needed to keep a positive outlook on life. They should be powerful, positive statements that help to transform your way of thinking.
Learning to live by these positive affirmations can help to alleviate your negative thoughts and emotions – which is mostly where the anxiety stems from in the first place!
Try saying at least 5 affirmations on the following list every morning as your start your day. If you begin to feel anxious at any time, you can return to the list and say as many as you need to calm yourself down.
You can even copy these affirmations down into your self care journal so you can refer to them every day. Writing them down can help the words sink in too.
Related Reading: 30 Day Self Care Challenge for Moms
25 Positive Affirmations for Anxiety
- I am in control of my thoughts.
- I choose to be happy today and every day.
- I am proud of myself and how far I’ve come in life.
- I welcome new opportunities with open arms.
- I am kind to myself and others.
- I am worthy of love and happiness.
- I am getting stronger every day.
- I am working hard to achieve my goals.
- I am confident in my decisions.
- I am thankful for everything I have in life.
- I love the family and friends that are supportive of me.
- The possibilities in my life are endless.
- I deserve to be successful in all that I attempt.
- I have a wonderful home that I love.
- I am the best mom I can be.
- I make decisions based on love, not fear.
- I focus on the things I am grateful for.
- I am surrounded by peaceful energy.
- I enjoy alone time and use it wisely to better myself.
- I am capable of great things.
- I appreciate my skills and love learning new ones.
- I forgive myself daily.
- I will make today a great day.
- I am beautiful in my own skin.
- I allow myself to say “no” to things that do not improve my life.
How do these affirmations actually work?
By repeating them every day, you will start to see a shift in your thinking. Instead of getting upset and anxious over a situation, you will be more at peace with it. You’ll feel stronger and better about confronting the situation head on.
It’s a bit like the law of attraction, in which the things we focus on most will be the things that we have in life. If you want a positive outlook, start focusing on the positive. These affirmations for anxiety help you do just that!
Where should I put these affirmations?
These affirmations for anxiety will work best in a place where you will see them daily. They can’t help if you aren’t repeating them!
Write down your favorite ones on sticky notes and place them on the bathroom mirror.
Print them out and put them by the coffee maker or on the fridge.
Whatever works for you!
You may also want to check out our 35 self love affirmations.
Please consider pinning the image below or sharing the post on your other social media networks. I hope to reach as many women/moms struggling with anxiety as I can!